Back to ChessNonsense

Monday, April 10, 2006

Circle Five - Still Truckin'

Circle Three was the first circle that I finished on time, and Circle Four was completed a day early, seven days instead of eight. There was something that is not so alarming to note about this whole experience in these later rounds - headaches, big ones, during the tougher sessions.

I am now on Circle Five, and I'm working my way through. Started on Sunday, completing 350 problems, and I need to finish another 350 today to stay up with my goal of having 150 advanced problems on both Tuesday and Wednesday before the big challenge - Thursday & Friday 1000 problems total, with Saturday being the big finish.

What's really crazy is that I'm still showing higher scores despite the speed at which I'm being forced to complete these problems. I'm shocked that my current scores are higher than my last, although that is what is expected. My scoring system, as I noted, is particularly cruel, weighting heavily towards poor problems, less towards ones you do well at, but that can be dealt with by simply accepting improvement in scores.

After I am done, I will have a number of charts showing my results from various directions, so that I can get an idea of how I've done, and fortunately, I will have a list of my worst problems, which will give me an idea of what I need to study in the future (in fact, an entire tactical study plan, in a way).

2 Comments:

At 4/10/2006 8:02 PM, Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

Wow, it's all happening so fast now! It'll be great to add another knight to the victorious sidebar!

 
At 4/12/2006 11:55 AM, Blogger psalcido said...

The real question is, will I post any improvement. Because I only previously played on Yahoo and chessworld, I don't have the best to go by. ChessWorld.net will be close, where I was ~1350 - 1400, which is not particularly good.

If I have high scores after all this is over, though, then I guess that's all that matters. That will take time to determine, I still need to move the tactical chess into my game effectively.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home